Rodeo Fame Magazine Announces Inaugural Legacy of the West Gala
Rodeo Fame Magazine will be hosting the can’t miss, red carpet event of the 2018 NFR Season, the Legacy of the West Gala, Wednesday, December 12th at 2:00 pm at the Mirage Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. A time for rodeo’s elite athletes and fans to come together and celebrate the legacy of the greatest sport on dirt.
The purpose of the Legacy of the West Gala is to promote unity within the rodeo and western industry, bringing fans and athletes of the sport together to celebrate the legacy of the rodeo community while building awareness for an incredible organization dedicated to the empowerment of women, Refuge for Women. This faith-based, national organization provides residential healing and recovery programs for survivors of trafficking and sexual exploitation to receive safe housing, counseling, and life and work skills development.
As part of the event program, Kendra Santos will be recognized for her spirit of excellence in communication and journalism and Bob Tallman for being a lifetime ambassador for rodeo. Legends of Rodeo who have passed away will be honored in an American Feather Ceremony and Elsie and Clyde Frost will be presenting the Lane Frost Award to an individual who has shown amazing work as a helping hand cowboy or cowgirl, using their platform in the community to help others.
The Legacy of the West Gala is supported by a host of rodeo industry standouts including Honorary Co-Chairs Ty and Paige Murray, and Honorary Committee members Allen and Peggy Bach, Rope and Candice Myers, Jacobs and Lauren Crawley, Isaac and Britany Diaz, Jake and Toni Barnes, Cody and Ashley Webster, Tiffany McGhan, and Stevi Hillman. An afternoon featuring award presentations, a fashion show, door prizes for attendees and more! Festivities will wrap up in plenty of time for attendees to make the NFR performance.
The Event Agenda will include:
- Meet and Greet with notable stars of the rodeo and western world including New York Times journalist, Pulitzer Prize winner and author of The Last Cowboys, John Branch, and elite rodeo athletes, The Wright Brothers.
- Presentation by Clyde and Elsie Frost of the new Lane Frost “Helpful Hand” Award.
- Feature presentation recognizing Kendra Santos and Bob Tallman for their incomparable work in promoting rodeo and the western lifestyle.
- The American Feather Ceremony honoring legends of rodeo who are no longer with us.
- The Legacy of the West Western Fashion Show.
- Silent Auction to benefit Refuge for Women.
- Special Guest Speakers.
- Thousands in prize giveaways to attendees.
- And, of course, we have a few surprises up our sleeves that you must be at the event to see!
Tickets are $75.00 General Admission and $150.00 VIP. Tickets will be sold by the Mirage Hotel. More information coming soon. Dress code will be formal, black-tie western wear. Sponsorships and Branded Tables are currently available.